Welcome to Meadowood Nursery!
We hope you enjoy your virtual visit to our native plant nursery. We look forward to welcoming you to Meadowood in person.
- Meadowood Nursery was established in 2005 to provide a local source of native plants for land trusts, environmental groups, educational institutions, government agencies, landscape contractors and home gardeners in South Central Pennsylvania.
- We are a family-owned enterprise and grow over 300 species of herbaceous and woody plants, most of which are native to our geographic region.
- All of our plants are container-grown and nursery-propagated from seed, cuttings or divisions; none are collected from the wild. Many of our plants are grown from regional seed carefully collected by our volunteers and staff in the vicinity of Meadowood Nursery.
- We are registered with the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture and are members of the Pennsylvania Landscape and Nursery Association, the Pennsylvania Native Plant Society, the Maryland Native Plant Society and The Native Plant Society of New Jersey.
- Meadowood Nursery is located on 12 acres of rolling meadow and woodland in Dauphin County, Pennsylvania, about 5 miles northwest of Hershey Park in the Susquehanna Valley near the intersection of Pennsylvania’s Ridge and Valley Province and the Piedmont.